Looking for a free Forex profit calculator? Enter any currency, stock index, or Cryptocurrency and we’ll calculate and show you the potential profit and losses.
The table below shows how trade units are represented in lot size in forex currencies. Please note that trade units per 1 lot size vary on non-forex pairs according to different forex brokers.
Trade Units Lot Size 1000 0.01 10,000 0.1 100,000 1 1,000,000 10 10,000,000 100
How to Check Trade Units per 1 Lot Size on Both Forex Pairs and Non Forex Pairs in MT4 or MT5
Instructions for Mobile App Users
- Open the quotes tab in your MT4 or MT5 Mobile App.
2. Long press a symbol you are interested in then click Properties.
3. Locate the Contract Size.
Once you have the Contract Size value, come back to this page and enter the figure in the Units (trade size) field.
Trade units for XAGUSD.
|Trade Units||Lot SIze|
Instructions for PC Users
Open the Market Watch tab in your MT4 or MT5 desktop Application.
Right click a symbol you are interested in then click Specifications.
Locate the Contract Size in the pop up that window appears.
You can now type in the Contract Size value in our forex profit calculator according to the trade volume of your choice.
Example: Refer to the table above.
Table of Contents
What Is Forex Profit in Trading?
Forex trading profit is the amount of money realized by forex traders after deducting losses.
Calculate the Outcome of a Trade Quickly and Easily
OpWell Forex’s trading calculator is the most powerful forex, crypto, and stock index calculator online right now.
Besides being used as a profit and loss calculator, the trading tool is also used as a position calculator, risk calculator, and lot size calculator.
Whether you are calculating the expected profit and risk you are willing to take in forex trade, Cryptocurrency trade, or stock index trade, our free forex profit calculator performs arithmetic calculations on the trading assets and provides you with a timely and accurate profit and loss results.
However, despite its accuracy and reliability, a profit and loss calculator should not be the only trading tool used when projecting your forex, crypto, or stock index trading results. We highly recommend that you use the calculator alongside the Margin Calculator, Drawdown Calculator, and Risk of Ruin Calculator.
How You Can Use Our Free Forex Profit Calculator in Simple Steps
To use the profit and loss calculator, select the instrument you want to trade, select your deposit currency appropriately as is reflected on your live trading account dashboard, choose whether the trade is a Buy or a Sell, enter trade size (trade units), type in the open and close price then finally click on the Calculate button.
The currency trading calculator will calculate your potential profit and loss and then display the results in both monetary value and the number of pips.
Stock Index Profit
OpWell Forex’s free profit and loss calculator is an important trading tool that allows stock index traders to calculate the projected loss or profit of a stock index traded. Here’s a complete list of stock indices whose profit and loss values can be calculated using the free currency profit calculator:
- Nasdaq Index/US100/NAS100/USTEC/NDX
- Dow Jones Index/US30/WS30/DJI
- S&P 500 Index/US500/SPX500
- US Russell 2000 Index/US 2000/Small Cap 2000
- FTSE 100 Index/UK100
- Swiss 20 Index/SWI20/SMI
- EU 50 Index/STOXX50
- Netherlands AEX 25 Index/NETH25
- Nikkei 225 Index/JPN225/JP225
- FTSE MIB Italy 40 Index/IT40
- Hong Kong Hang Seng Index/HK50
- DAX40 Index/GER40/DE40/GER30
- France CA40 Index/FRA40/F40
- Spain IBEX 35 Index/ES35
- US Dollar Currency Index/DXY/USDX
- China H-Shares HSCEI Index/CHINAH
- FTSE China A50 Index
- Canada S&P/TSX60 Index/CA 60
- S&P/ASX200 Index/AUS200
This free forex profit calculator performs automatic calculations of profit and loss for Major, Minor, and a limited number of Exotic currency pairs. Below is a complete list of all currencies whose profit and loss can be calculated using OpWell Forex’s trading calculator:
- AUDCAD ( Australian Dollar/Canadian Dollar)
- AUDCHF (Australian Dollar/Swiss Franc)
- AUDJPY (Australian Dollar/Japanese Yen)
- AUDNOK (Australian Dollar/Norwegian Krone)
- AUDNZD (Australian Dollar/New Zealand Dollar)
- AUDPLN (Australian Dollar/Polish Zloty)
- AUDSEK (Australian Dollar/Swedish Krona)
- AUDSGD (Australian Dollar/Singapore Dollar)
- AUDUSD (Australian Dollar/US Dollar)
- CADCHF (Canadian Dollar/Swiss Franc)
- CADJPY (Canadian Dollar/Japanese Yen)
- CADSGD (Canadian Dollar/Singapore Dollar)
- CHFJPY (Swiss Franc/Japanese Yen)
- CHFSEK (Swiss Franc/Swedish Krona)
- CHFSGD (Swiss Franc/Singapore Dollar)
- EURAUD (Euro/Australian Dollar)
- EURCAD (Euro/Canadian Dollar)
- EURCH (Euro/Swiss Franc)
- EURCZK (Euro/Czech Koruna)
- EURDKK (Euro Danish Krone)
- EURGBP (Euro/British Pound)
- EURHKD (Euro/Hong Kong Dollar)
- EURHUF (Euro/Hungarian Forint)
- EURJPY (Euro/Japanese Yen)
- EURMXN (Euro/Mexican Peso)
- EURNOK (Euro/Norwegian Krone)
- EURNZD (Euro/New Zealand Dollar)
- EURPLN (Euro/Polish Zloty)
- EURRON (Euro/Romanian Leu)
- EURRUB (Euro/Russian Ruble)
- EURSEK (Euro/Swedish Krona)
- EURSGD (Euro/Singapore Dollar)
- EURTRY (Euro/Turkish Lira)
- EURUSD (Euro/US Dollar)
- EURZAR (Euro/South African Rand)
- GBPAUD (British Pound/Australian Dollar)
- GBPCAD (British Pound/Canadian Dollar)
- GBPCHF (British Pound/Swiss Franc)
- GBPDKK (British Pound/Danish Krone)
- GBPCZK (British Pound/Czech Koruna)
- GBPHKD (British Pound/Hong Kong Dollar)
- GBPHUF (British Pound/Hungarian Forint)
- GBPJPY (British Pound/Japanese Yen)
- GBPMXN (British Pound/Mexican Peso)
- GBPNOK (British Pound/Norwegian Krone)
- GBPNZD (British Pound/New Zealand Dollar)
- GBPPLN (British Pound/Polish Zloty)
- GBPSEK (British Pound/Swedish Krona)
- GBPSGD (British Pound/Singapore Dollar)
- GBPTRY (British Pound/Turkish Lira)
- GBPUSD (British Pound/US Dollar)
- GBPZAR (British Pound/South African Rand)
- NOKJPY (Norwegian Krone/Japanese Yen)
- NOKSEK (Norwegian Krone/Swedish Krona)
- NZDCAD (New Zealand Dollar/Canadian Dollar)
- NZDCHF (New Zealand Dollar/Swiss Franc)
- NZDJPY (New Zealand Dollar/Japanese Yen)
- NZDSGD (New Zealand Dollar/Singapore Dollar)
- NZDUSD (New Zealand Dollar/US Dollar)
- SEKJPY (Swedish Krona/Japanese Yen)
- SGDJPY (Singapore Dollar/Japanese Yen)
- TRYJPY (Turkish Lira/Japanese Yen (
- USDBRL (US Dollar/Brazilian Real)
- USDCAD (US Dollar/Canadian Dollar)
- USDCHF (US Dollar/Swiss Franc)
- USDCNH (US Dollar/Chinese Yuan)
- USDCNY (US Dollar/Chinese Yuan)
- USDCZK (US Dollar/Czech Koruna)
- USDDKK (US Dollar/Danish Krone)
- USDHKD (US Dollar/Hong Kong Dollar)
- USDHUF (US Dollar/Hungarian Forint)
- USDILS (US Dollar/Israeli New Shekel)
- USDINR (US Dollar/Indian Rupee)
- USDJPY (US Dollar/Japanese Yen)
- USDMXN (US Dollar/Mexican Peso)
- USDNOK (US Dollar/Norwegian Krone)
- USDPLN (US Dollar/Polish Zloty)
- USDRON (US Dollar/Romanian Leu)
- USDRUB (US Dollar/Russian Ruble)
- USDSEK (US Dollar/Swedish Krona)
- USDSGD (US Dollar/Singapore Dollar)
- USDTHB (US Dollar/Thai Baht)
- USDTRY (US Dollar/Turkish Lira)
- USDZAR (US Dollar/South African Rand)
- XAGEUR (Silver/Euro)
- XAGUSD (Silver/US Dollar)
- XAUAUD (Gold/Australian Dollar)
- XAUCHF (Gold/Swiss Franc)
- XAUEUR (Gold/Euro)
- XAUGBP (Gold/British Pound)
- XAUJPY (Gold/Japanese Yen)
- XAUUSD (Gold/US Dollar)
- XBRUSD (Brent Crude Oil, UKOIL)
- XCUUSD (Copper)
- XNGUSD (Natural Gas vs. US Dollar)
- XTIUSD (WTI West Texas Crude Oil, USOIL)
- ZARJPY (South African Rand/Japanese Yen)
This free forex profit calculator by OpWell Forex also acts as a Cryptocurrency profit calculator. The process of manually calculating Cryptocurrency profit and loss can be tiresome, especially if you are trading a crypto coin which has many digits like Bitcoin (BTC).
You can use our trading calculator to calculate the projected profit and loss of the following cryptocurrencies:
- AAVEUSD (Aave)
- ADAUSD (Cardano/USD)
- ATOMUSD (Cosmos)
- AVAXUSD (Avalanche)
- BCHUSD (Bitcoin Cash/US Dollar)
- BSVUSD (Bitcoin SV/US Dollar)
- BNBUSD (Binance Coin/USBTCEUR (Bitcoin/Euro)
- BTCJPY (Bitcoin/Japanese Yen)
- BTCUSD (Bitcoin/US Dollar)
- COMPUSD (Compound)
- CROUSD (crypto.com Coin/US Dollar)
- DAIUSD (Dai/US Dollar)
- DOGEUSD (Dogecoin)
- DOTUSD (Polkadot/US Dollar)
- DSHUSD (Dashcoin/US Dollar)
- EGLDUSD (Elrond)
- EOSUSD (EOS/US Dollar)
- ETHUSD (Ethereum/US Dollar)
- FTTUSS (FreeTip/US Dollar)
- HTUSD (Huobi Token)
- IOTAUSD (IOTA)
- LINKUSD (Chainlink)
- LTCUSD (Litecoin/US Dollar)
- LUNAUSD (Terra)
- MKRUSD (Maker/US Dollar)
- NEOUSD (NEO vs US Dollar)
- OKBUSD (OKB/US Dollar)
- SHIBUSD (Shiba Inu)
- SNXUSD (Synthetix Network Token/US Dollar)
- SOLUSD (Solana vs. US Dollar)
- SUSHIUSD (Sushi)
- THETAUSD (Theta Network)
- TRXUSD (TRON/US Dollar)
- UNIUSD (UNICORN TOKEN vs. US Dollar)
- USDCUSD (USD Coin)
- USDTUSD (Tether)
- VETUSD (VeChain/US Dollar)
- WBTCUSD (Wrapped Bitcoin)
- XEMUSD (NEM/US Dollar)
- XLMUSD (Stellar/US Dollar)
- XMRUSD (Monero/US Dollar)
- XPDUSD (Palladium/US Dollar)
- XPTUSD (Cryptobuyer Token/US Dollar)
- XRPUSD (XRP/US Dollar)
- XTZUSD (Tezos/US Dollar)
- ZECUSD (Zcash/US Dollar)
In addition to all the tradeable assets mentioned above, our free trading calculator can also calculate profit and loss for Wheat Cash Contract.
How to Increase Your Forex Trading Profit
You need to employ proper risk management skills in your trades to get more profits.
Besides using proper risk management, you also need to Backtest and Forward test a trading strategy on a demo account, work on improving your trading psychology, and deposit enough trading capital in your live Forex account.
If you can remember, we mentioned at the beginning of this article that using our free forex profit calculator is very important to a trader but it is not the only tool a trader should be using.
FAQs About Opwell Forex’s Free Forex Profit Calculator
What Is a Forex Profit Calculator?
A forex profit calculator, also referred to as a currency profit and loss calculator is a trading tool used by forex, crypto, and Stock Index traders to calculate and determine trading results of assets in terms of profits and losses.
How Does a Forex Profit Calculator Works?
When inputs required by the trading tool are entered appropriately, and the Calculate button is triggered, our currency calculator calculates profit and loss based on the type of trading instrument a trader is interested in.
For instance, the formula which the calculator uses to calculate the values of currency pairs is different from the formula used for Stock Indices and crypto coins.
What Are the Inputs Required to Use Opwell Forex’s Free Profit Calculator?
To use the free forex profit calculator, a trader needs to declare the trading instrument he/she is interested in, enter deposit currency, order type, trade units, open price, and close price.
What Are the Benefits of Using a Free Forex Profit Calculator?
A forex trade calculator helps traders solve profit and loss calculations faster, automatically, and conveniently.
Additionally, the trading tool makes the work of a trader easy by performing complicated arithmetics that would consume the previous time of a trader.
Is a Forex Profit Calculator Accurate?
Our 100% free forex calculator is reliable and can be used to measure precise profit and loss values in forex, cryptocurrencies, and Stock Indices.
The accurate trading calculator can be used for free to calculate the values of over 95 currency pairs, over 18 popular stock indices, and over 46 most traded cryptocurrency coins.
Is a Forex Profit Calculator Free to Use?
Yes, OpWell Forex’s currency calculator can be used for free to calculate the profit and loss of multiple trading assets.
What Are the Limitations or Disadvantages of a Forex Profit Calculator?
Our trading calculator is convenient and easy to use. However, it cannot be used to provide forex trading signals as that is the work of a forex trading strategy. Therefore, a beginner trader should not use the profit calculator to generate trading signals.
How Can a Forex Profit Calculator Help With Help With Risk Management?
The free forex profit and loss calculator helps with risk management by providing a trader with precise loss values in both monetary and pips form so the trader can prepare adequately for the impact of the risk factor.
Can a Forex Calculator Be Used for Different Trading Strategies?
Yes, our free forex profit calculator can be used by traders who use different trading strategies.
Disclaimer: Trading forex involves risks, and it's important to carefully consider your investment objectives and risk tolerance before participating in the forex market. The information on this website expresses our authors' opinions and is meant for general knowledge only. Even though OpWell Forex provides reliable Forex Trading products and services in good faith, our website's content is not intended to substitute for professional investment advice. Therefore, we shall not be liable for any loss incurred as a result of consuming any of our resources.